is an Association of Universities and Enterprises for the training in
the field of Electric Energy Systems. EES-UETP has 23 partners (4
enterprises and 19 universities) in 12 European countries. The
Partnership began its activities in July 1992, in the framework of the
COMETT program. After the end of COMETT, EES-UETP is self-financed.
The main objectives of EES-UETP
• To provide an advanced technical and economic basis for the
interconnected European Electric Energy System, under the new European
• To join utilities practice and universities experience to create more
advanced and realistic planning and operation procedures.
• To better integrate environmental issues in both utilities practice
and universities education programs.
• To obtain better and direct information about research and
development in Europe in the area of Electric Energy System
What should expect a partner
from the new EES-UETP?
An industry partner should
expect from the EES-UETP:
• A set of really interesting quality courses and services (such as
in-house training, advanced consultant services, experts forums, etc.).
• A proactive character of the Network in order to be informed quickly
about the most timely topics.
University partners should
expect from the Network:
• The advantages of being part of a Network enjoying Prestige and
• Services that the Network can provide them include contacts with
local and foreign enterprises, sharing experiences with other
• Industrial contacts: to identify the actual topics demanded by the
enterprises, to address new research lines to cope with realistic
problems and to help them to succeed in their proposals of research
• Contacts with other universities: allowing the creation of joint
research teams from different European countries and promoting the
mobility of the students and academics. More interaction between
different disciplines in the electric energy systems field, the
transfer of techniques from one scientific domain to another and
dissemination of the latest R&D results.
Facilities to the course
• Initial EES-UETP amount of 1.500 Euro per day of the course;
marketing tasks, etc.
• Special rates to participate at the courses.
• All the Industrial partners are entitled to have a chair at the
Executive Board or at the Course Program Committee.
• Financial support to participate at the International General
• Annual Program of International courses: international experts,
international participants & international focus of the course
meetings and workshops.
• There are 30 partners in EES-UETP: 26 Universities, and 4 companies.